We are glad to share the information about the work we have done with the funds that you all donated.
During the pandemic Trans*coalition provided humanitarian aid to trans and non-binary people in Central Asia and Eastern Europe region.
Our work became possible thanks to donations accumulated through GoFundMe. We are thankful to the donors and all people who shared the information on their social media.
How exactly did we help trans and non-binary people?
1. We rented apartments to provide shelter trans* sex workers in Kyrgyzstan.
2. We rented hostel rooms to provide shelter to trans women in Kazakhstan.
3. We sent food supplies to trans sex workers in Armenia and rented apartments for them.
4. We supported an online health project for our communities. Doctors and psychologists provided medical and mental-health consultations to trans and non-binary people from all over the region.
5. We paid a medical bill of a trans woman with cancer from Ukraine
6. We provided humanitarian aid to trans and non-binary people in Belarus.
Thanks to you we were able to have flexibility with funding and responded quicker than we otherwise could!